Friday, May 17, 2013

Sunset Eyes

Hey, lately I have been playing around with colors, trying to master using nothing but colors and mixing in no neutrals. I am a neutral girl, I wear them everyday and have them mastered and therefore I don't really step into the realm of colored makeup and this spring I am making it my goal to experiment and wear more colors, other then on my lips! Whether it be bright cheeks or bright eyes I am going to start breaking out of my shell and rocking them more! And I suggest this to all of you neutral lovers too!

So I decided to share my recreation of a sunset look, I have seen pictures of these looks all over the Internet lately and loved the look so I wanted to give it ago and I loved the way it turned out so I wanted to share it with you!


Products I used:
UD Primer Potion in Eden
Coastal Scents 42 Double Stack Matte palette, both yellow shades, bright orange, red light and medium, tan, white, blue and turquoise shades
ELF Liquid Eyeliner
Wet n Wild Coloricon eyeliner in Turquoise
LA Color eyeliner in Electric Blue
Loreal Voluminous Million Lashes in Black

What I did:
First thing, of course, I primed my eyes with UD Primer Potion, I then swept the tiniest bit of a tan shade into my crease to help with blending, this isn't a must I just like to do this, in the end you will not see this at all. After that I started with the colors on the lid, I first put a light yellow on the inner third of my lid and inner corner, after that I used an orangish yellow in the middle, I blended the two yellow shades together, they where fairly close to each other and blended into each other easily. Then I added the orange onto the outer third, this took a little more blending but I just went over the line with the two colors till it was a seamless transition. I then blended a red into the crease and outer v, I used a lighter red to help blend this out and then highlighted with a white and blended it all out more. Before moving onto liner and the lash line I went over the colors on my lid to get the brightness I wanted. I did a quick thin winged liner close to the lashes, nothing special or perfect. I put a bright blue liner to represent water in my water line and a turquoise liner under that in the lashes. I set these and blended them out with coordinating colors. I also blended the turquoise shadow a bit under the wing. Lastly I applied a few coats of mascara.

For this look I would just do a bronzed cheek,nude lip and a cute black sundress or even one with one of the colors in the look like orange, yellow or red. It would also look great with false lashes.

Are you daring enough to wear a look like this in public?

Thanks for reading, please leave any request below!

No comments:

Post a Comment