Friday, September 21, 2012

Classic Smokey Eye

Hey,

If you read my last post then you probably already know that I did this look using mainly the Fall Festival palette by Coastal Scents, if not you can check that out here. I honestly could have this palette and no others and be just fine, it's my favorite palette. I have done a brown smokey eye, a purple one and depending on how you view my style of make up a cranberry one too. I just love smokey eyes, I think they are one of the sexiest things a women can do, but they can be the hardest thing and just end up looking like a hot mess! You can use any colors, matte or shimmer for this look.

Products used:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Wet n Wild Cream Eyeliner(review/comparison coming soon)
Fall Festival palette by Coastal Scents; colors: M023 Gunmetal, M004 Chamois Nude, ME017 Light Apricot
Matte mid tone brown, you could use a gray instead of brown, I think that would look nicer on cool skin tones.

Mascara and/or false lashes

First thing I did way prime my eyes, then set that with a powder, this step is really important. Setting your primer not only prevents creasing more but makes for a smoother eyeshadow application. At this point I also used the tape method and put it a little down from the corner of my eye to the end of my eyebrow.

Next I blended the mid tone brown into my crease and packed the black onto my lid, if you find you have a hard time getting a dark enough color using brushes try packing on the color with your fingers. Then I blended this out, the black blends out easily due to the brown we already placed into the crease. Then I used a matte skin tone shade to highlight and blend out all the edges even more. Also I didn't use the black on my entire lid, I left the inner third free and filled that in when I highlighted my inner corner. Lastly apply mascara, false lashes, take the tape off and clean up any fall out.
 
I lined my upper and lower lash line along with my tight and water line. After I did that I set my liner and blended some black onto my lower lash line with a pencil brush. This is when I highlighted my inner corner

I don't use blush when I do smokey eyes or I use a very pale pink, I also pair this with a nude lip.

Thanks for reading, please leave any request below!

Links:
Fall Festival Palette
Primer
Cream Eyeliner
Brushes, use code SB2012 for 10% off during September!




2 comments: