Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Review: ELF Eyelid Primer

Hey,
Eyelid Primer - Sheer
I'm sure you have heard about this, and have heard it compared to the Urban Decay Primer Potion. Well I'm going to share with you as to whither that's true and my other thoughts upon this, today. So before I say whither I found this to be the same or well work the same about as the Urban Decay Primer Potion, lets just discus my eyelid type, I know that sounds weird but I hate when people are talking about something and saying this sucks or this is wonderful but yet they don't say what their skin or hair is like; that really makes a difference and will help someone determine if it's good for them too.

So I have slightly oily eyelids, and my eyeshadow creases not too bad but still an annoying amount. So how I use this is by layering it; about three layers and then setting it with either my setting powder or a matte skin tone shade. This product is not the same consistency as the Urban Decay Primer Potion, the ELF Primer is very thin were the Urban Decay primer is much thicker so it takes less. Personally I would suggest this over the Urban Decay one and say give it a try is your new to the world of primers, one thing I will say is if your out of face primer or only need it for one spot you need it like say your cheeks to fill in big pores you can get any with using the Urban Decay Primer Potion, but since the ELF Primer is so thin it wouldn't work but it is great for what its made for which is the eyes.

If you don't have oily lids then one layer would do the trick, and if you have very oily lids I'd still recommend giving it a try since it's only a dollar but I would say layer it at least three times. I think this primer is best for non oily to slightly oily lids, and is a great alternative to the Urban Decay Primer Potion, it does prevent my shadow from creasing and makes it last all day so I would say go for this over the Urban Decay one. This can be found online at www.eyeslipsface.com, Target, and any where else you can get ELF products. It's one dollar in the US and 1.50 pounds in the UK, I really do love this and I use this on day's I don't want to use my Urban Decay Primer Potion and often any tutorials I do since I just take it off afterwards and don't mind wasting it since it's so cheap. Another thing this would be great for just playing around with your makeup looks, when you want to use a primer but you don't want to waste your expensive primer. It comes in four colors, I have only tried the sheer and golden one and would suggest the sheer one over the golden one, the golden one isn't terrible but its not as good and it loses the color once I set it. This has lasted me over a year of on and off use. I have a hamster and as I write this its climbing up its water bottle and banging the water bottle on the wall of the tank she's in, its quite distracting and she keeps falling off of it. Back to what I was saying it works like the Urban Decay one but takes more effort then that one since you have to build it up but both need to be set first for me at least or they crease, I would suggest giving it a try if you haven't and if you have do share with me any tips you found work with it or your experiences with the products.

Thanks for reading, please leave any request down below!

I'm sorry if this is all over the place and a bit redundant, I was losing my focus a bit, over all I really do love this and suggest it.

You can check out this primer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment