Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Review: Avon Glimmersticks

Hey,

I use to be a huge fan of twist up eyeliners, now I opt more for the ones you sharpen, gel, or liquid liner. I just find they apply better and last longer, and you get more for what you pay for.

I have tried at least one from each line of the Glimmerstick liners, my favorite ones would have to be the waterproof one in Brown Chocolate, Diamonds one in Flashy Copper, and the Liqui-Glide in Black, it feels like liquid liner when you apply it but its in kohl form. These retail for 7usd but usually on sale for much less. There are five different types of Glimmersticks to chose from and each one has 4+ shades. These aren't smudge proof, the waterproof ones are more or less water resistant then waterproof. I would honestly say pass on these, or try out the Liqui-Glide one but be warned you can not use that one in the waterline even though its in kohl form its still very much a liquid liner, I found that out the hard way. In my opinion these are no better then any other liners I have tried, I would suggest the Brown Chocolate and Liqui-Glide liners but all others can easily be replaced with cheaper liners. These for me, even once set, don't last all day on the waterline. My eyes aren't sensitive, but my mother who also uses these does has sensitive eyes and cannot use these on her waterline, so that's something to consider also.

You can find twist up or just plain liners anywhere for any price that are better, I would suggest either the Avon Ultra Luxury or the Wet n Wild Coloricon eyeliners, both need sharped but are much creamier and apply better. For what you usually pay they aren't the best for the price but they aren't the worst either, I just feel for less you can get better. The nice thing about these is that you have many options in both color and finish which isn't very common among brands like this or drugstore brands.

Thanks for reading, please leave any request below!

Avon Eyeliners

No comments:

Post a Comment