Friday, August 10, 2012

My go to smokey eye, daytime smokey eye!

Hey,
Sorry about the blurry lashes...
Some may disagree with me as to whither this is daytime appropriate but for me it is. This look is perfect for photography since its all matte; its actually the look I did for my Senior picture. It's a nice warm tone matte smokey eye, I personally would wear this to school, work, weddings, out, parties, and anywhere else. This is so simple and easy, it  takes under ten minutes to do but looks great! I also need to note this is darker in person then it photographs, I promise its dark smokey eye, but it doesn't want to come out the color it looks in person.

Products used:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Made for Mocha by Maybelline, you can alter any of these products and use whatever you have. This was really cheap like under three dollars. This is just a dark warm brown.
I used the Coastal Scents 42 double stack matte palette, I used the white, black, and mid tone brown in the top right corner, you can check that out here and see all of the colors.
Black eyeliner
Maybelline Falsies mascara, expect to see this in this months favorites!


If you got the Urban Decay Smokey palette you can use that, it honestly would be perfect for this, but I'm not sure if those are mattes or not.

So the first thing I did as always was prime my eyes then set it with my face powder.

Next I used the mid tone brown shade, you can even use your bronzer for this I just prefer the way a mid tone brown looks over my bronzer, I blended this in my crease. After that I started packing on the dark brown shadow on my lid from the outer v and lash line into the rest of my eyelid. Then I blended it, this blends out very easily since we already put the crease color down, you just want to blend this into the shape you want.


Then I used an angled brush and black eyeshadow and made a line on my upper lash line then used a pencil brush to blend it, then I blended the dark brown shadow on my lower lash line. I then rimmed my eyes and set that.
My eyebrows really need done, sorry about that.

Lastly I lightly high lighted under my brow which blended out even more, and inner corner with the white and applied mascara.

Was that not so easy, it takes no time and my cat is playing with a roll of pennies I found in my room last week, she's so strange. This is a great smokey eye for the day or night and just looks gorgeous and sexy. You can use black over brown if you'd prefer. If you do use black you can use either the mid tone brown or gray either way looks good. You can also use shimmery shade if you'd prefer, usually I use a shimmery highlight, but keep in mind if you use this for photography keep it matte. 

Thanks for reading, please leave any request down below!

Products links:
Primer
Single eyeshadow
42 double stack matte palette
Mascara, I think I'm going to review this in a few weeks and do a before and after picture.
Brushes, use SAVE2012 for 10% off during August and you get a free travel size eyeliner brush if you spend upwards of 30usd.

No comments:

Post a Comment