Sunday, July 29, 2012

How to relieve cramps and stomach pains

Hey,

So I wanted to make a post about relieving menstrual cramps and other stomach pains, I personally feel women should feel comfortable talking among each other about things such as the menstrual cycle. I have met people before, one of my closest friends was very put back and just wasn't comfortable talking about this subject, she finally got comfortable with it, but to me this is something most of us deal with and either will, are or have went through and it should be something we can comfortably talk about to each other. I just want to put out there that if this stuff makes you feel uncomfortable then by all means click out but do understand this is natural and not something we should be ashamed to talk about with other girls.

I am someone who suffers from severe cramps, now cramps are something that a lot of us suffer with and none of us understand each others pain because every ones cramps are different. My methods are not just for menstrual cramps but for other cramp like pains, these are things I found also help with IBS(irritable bowl syndrome) and with that being said I want to go over what that is since a lot of people seem to think its something else. IBS is when you get terrible random abdominal pains due to stress. They can come and go and you can often go up to a year and on without sign of IBS, people often think it makes your bowl uncontrollable and that's not true, I'm not saying some don't suffer from that but not everyone get that. I do have IBS, I have had it for around 8-9 years and it took us forever to find out what these pains were but during the time I have found many ways to either lesser the pain or eliminate the pain.

So the first thing whither you are suffering from menstrual cramps or IBS, eliminate stress. Being stressed can cause IBS and it can make your menstrual cramps worse. Overall being stressed isn't good for you and can cause other health problems so its just best to lower your stress level as much as possible. Find ways to lower your stress and keep it down, whither its doing yoga for thirty minutes a day or just taking an hour or so to yourself taking a hot bath and just relaxing. Its very important to find time for yourself to relax no matter how busy and stressful your life is.

Next would be heat, I find that going to sleep with a heat pad on my stomach tend to get rid of the cramps that I already have and then prevent them for the following day. Heat is great for cramps and other pains such as muscle pains. You can use things like heat pads or just take a hot bath which not only is relaxing but the heat helps eliminate your cramps.

Now its important to know what type of pain relieving pill works for you, this is only when all else fails or if you don't have time to do the other things. I have tried most of the pain relieving pills, and none of them seemed to work for me except Pamprin and Excedrin, but you may be different. If you can't find any at all that help you, I advise you to speak to your doctor and see if they can put you on something that will help.

Sticking with the pill thing, if you can and do keep track of your menstrual cycle take your cramp relieving pill for the week before your menstrual cycle, so you would want to take it twice a day for the week before you start your menstrual cycle. This was suggested to me from my doctor, I personally don't have a menstrual cycle that is regular enough to do this so I can't vouch as to whither it works but I would still suggest giving it a try if you can.

Now I was always told exercises helps with stomach pains and I was very skeptical about this until trying it, now this relieves stress so it really does help. Personally I find doing things such as crunches help or stretches and things on those lines, but running may be what does it for you.

I have never met a person who has said taking a nap doesn't help so if all else fails take a nap, and like I said before napping with a heat pad to hopefully prevent the pains for the rest of the day once you wake up. I really do advise everyone to have a heat pad, they are good for back pains, muscle pains and menstrual cramps.  

These are just the things that help me, please share with me any things that help you, I'm always interested in trying new ways and I will update this with any more ways I find or that are shared with me.

Thanks for reading, please leave any request down below! I will have a facial up next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment